Re: Strong Evidence for the Name vs. Location Distinction

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 07:43:52 -0500 (EST)
To: patrick.stickler@nokia.com (Patrick Stickler)
Cc: uri@w3.org (URI)
This one never dies, does it?

In a similar conversation I'm having elsewhere, I pointed to some work
Rohit Khare did 3 years ago; a presentation[1] given to TWIST '99, and
an article[2] written for his "Seventh Heaven" column he had in IEEE
Internet Computing.

I think these do a fine job at explaining how a single identifier can
be both a name and a locator when used in different contexts.

 [1] http://www.isr.uci.edu/events/twist/twist99/presentations/khare/
 [2] http://www1.ics.uci.edu/~rohit/IEEE-L7-namespaces.html

(I have no intention of having a conversation about this, just wanted
to point out those resources)

MB