re: draft-kindberg-tag-uri

----- Forwarded message from "Clark C . Evans" <cce@clarkevans.com> -----
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 18:33:23 -0400
From: "Clark C . Evans" <cce@clarkevans.com>
To: timothy@hpl.hp.com, sandro@w3.org
Cc: yaml-core@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: feedback on draft-kindberg-tag-uri-02.txt

I would like to state that I am very much looking forward
for draft-kindberg-tag-uri to become an RFC.  You seem to be
doing exactly what YAML requires.  I have a few questions:

  - I would suggest using : to separate the host/email from
    the date as this fits in better with the URN hierarchy.
    The problem with a comma is that it's easily confused
    with a period on some systems (at a distance).

          tag:clarkevans.com:2002:specific

  - It may be out-of-scope, but I'd like to use UTF-8
    encoding with the [specific] part.  Is anything needed
    in this draft to allow this?

  - Your taguri.org website seems to be a bit out-of-date as
    it is causing people to think that tag-uri is abandoned.

Thank you so much for your good work.  Looking forward
to being able to use "tag:" URIs in YAML.

Best,

Clark
Yo! Check out YAML! http://yaml.org