New internet drafts (IRI/URI) (was: Activity / archives?)

Hello Chris,

Thanks for mentioning the IRI draft. A new version has now
officially been published, see below. Please also have a look
at draft-ietf-idn-uri-02.txt, which is related.

While the main discussion list for both drafts is different from
this list, please feel free to raise any issues here that have
to do with URIs in general.

Regards,    Martin.

         Title           : Internationalized Resource Identifiers (IRI)
         Author(s)       : M. Duerst, M. Suignard
         Filename        : draft-duerst-iri-01.txt
         Pages           : 27
         Date            : 05-Jul-02

This document defines a new protocol element, the Internationalized
Resource Identifier (IRI), as a complement to the URI [RFC2396].  An
IRI is a sequence of characters from the Universal Character Set
[ISO10646].  A mapping from IRIs to URIs is defined, which means that
IRIs can be used instead of URIs where appropriate to identify
resources.
The approach of defining a new protocol element was chosen, instead
of extending or changing the definition of URIs, to allow a clear
distinction and to avoid incompatibilities with existing software.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-duerst-iri-01.txt

--------
This draft is a work item of the Internationalized Domain Name Working
Group of the IETF.

         Title           : Internationalized Domain Names in URIs
         Author(s)       : M. Duerst
         Filename        : draft-ietf-idn-uri-02.txt
         Pages           : 8
         Date            : 05-Jul-02

This document proposes to upgrade the definition of URIs (RFC 2396)
[RFC2396] to work consistently with internationalized domain names.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idn-uri-02.txt