Re: Some recent Internet Drafts relating to URIs

On 2002-01-17 20:40, "ext Seth Russell" <seth@robustai.net> wrote:

> From: "Patrick Stickler" <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
>
> I think you've done a great service to the SW in defining these new URI
> schema.  They clearly define our names such that finally our RDF
> applications will know of what we speak:)

Blush...  ;-)

> Do you know of any nasty side effects of starting to use them immediately -
> i.e. will they break any known RDF parsers ?

I don't know of any URI schemes that will break any RDF parser, since
URIs are expected to be fully opaque in the RDF graph.

As to RDF applications that attempt to grok URIs for various
purposes, I can't say. If they are "stupid" and presume that
every URI is an 'http:' URI and barf when they fail to resolve,
then of course, any of the URP schemes will choke such apps.

But I think folks should be able to start using them immediately
with few, if any, concerns of that sort.

We are...   ;-)

Cheers,

Patrick