RE: silly question about rdf:about

At 17:55 02/04/12 +0100, Graham Klyne wrote:

>Based on:
>   :p1 a :Person; :homePage <http://www.NineByNine.org>
>and
>   :p2 a :Person; :homePage <http://www.ninebynine.org>
>alone, I'd be hard pushed to conclude :p1 and :p2 both denote the same person.
>
>And then there's:
>   :p2 a :Person; :homePage <http://www.%6eineby%6eine.org>
>where does one draw the line?

Sorry, but that's not an URI. The URI syntax forbids escapes
in the host name. Some browsers and other software accept it,
while others don't.

In connection with the IRI and IDN work, there is
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idn-uri-01.txt,
where this restriction is (partially) removed.

Actually, the way I wrote it, the restriction is only removed
for octets >=127. I'm not sure this is the best thing to do
in terms of uniformity. Any opinions?

Regards,  Martin.