Re: RFC2518 (WebDAV) / RFC2396 (URI) inconsistency

At 23:17 01/11/29 -0500, Mark Baker wrote:
>But I'd point out that "about:" appears to me to be designed to be
>a relative URI; if IE supported "about:", it wouldn't pop up
>Communicator's info screen, it would pop up one about IE.

And if you use about: on a Japanese version of Netscape,
it will turn up in Japanese. Content negotiation.
There is nothing saying that an URI with absolute URI syntax
but resolve to exactly the same bytes every time.
'about:' would just be defined as 'information about the
tool I'm just using'.

Regards,    Martin.