Re: What is at the end of the namespace?

From: Piotr Kaminski <piotr@ideanest.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 02:16:40 -0800
To: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@eBuilt.com>, <uri@w3.org>
Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> The scheme name is completely irrelevant to a URI's capacity for
> identification -- it merely indicates the syntax for that namespace

Do you claim, then, that a scheme cannot put constraints on the kind of
resources identified by its URIs?  I think you've asserted that the http
scheme *doesn't* do this (which Patrick is disputing), but I'm curious
whether you believe this to be an ironclad rule that must apply to all
schemes.

        -- P.

--
  Piotr Kaminski <piotr@ideanest.com>  http://www.ideanest.com/
  "It's the heart afraid of breaking that never learns to dance."