Re: Possible URL format for working with SMB (Windows network share) file systems

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 09:51:16 -0600
To: duerst@w3.org
CC: uri@w3.org
"Gregor N. Purdy (by way of Martin Duerst )" wrote:
[...]
> Could someone please confirm that this is the correct place to
> send email to get this scheme listed at:
>
>      http://www.w3.org/Addressing/schemes

Yes, it is. Thanks for playing the game as intended;
unfortunately, lots of folks make up new URI schemes
without much collaboration. URI scheme names are
a scarce resource.

I hope to update that page to refer to your materials presently.
Feel free to remind me if you don't see any movement in a
week or two.