Re: comments on draft-eastlake-cturi-01.txt

Larry Masinter <masinter@Adobe.COM> wrote:

> That you, Aaron Swartz, do not see the need to use anything
> other than "http://www.iana.org", which has sufficient
> stability for your own purposes, doesn't mean that it will
> meet the needs of everyone else.
>
> I suppose this argument will persist until we resolve
> the W3C/IETF split over the utility of URNs and their
> role in protocol element identification.

I hate to see this argument pointlessly persist, so I will stop arguing
after this question:

Why aren't my URLs safe? That is, why do I have to worry about an address at
iana.org suddenly disappearing one day? What needs are not met by this
system?

I use URLs for a lot of the work I do and I'm curious whether I'm making a
mistake.

Thanks,