Re: My 2c on scheme abuse

Miles Sabin wrote:

> Sadly HTTP URLs _will_ be resolved even when that's unnecessary
> for them to be meaningful as bare identifiers. And if they are,
> then servers (particularly ones hosting extremely popular DTDs
> or namespaces) might well be in trouble.

This is already the case (the load is sparse, I reckon) but when I send
a XML snippet by email with let's say:

<example xmlns:"http://dyomedea.com/ns/scheme-abuse"/>

I have been surprised the first time it has happened, but I can be sure
that I'll get some hits on my server (from people who will follow the
link show by their mailer, from people who will see a link in the web
archive from this list ot from robots that will follow the link in the
archive).

If this snippet is included in a XML document, I will also get hits from
attempts to validate the document through W3C XML Schema validators such
as XSV that follows the "permission" to try to find a schema there as
written in the XML Schema specification.

My 0,02 Euros

Eric (amazed that he can know who is using "his" namespaces by looking
at his http server logs)