Re: FYI -- draft ietf uri doc

From: Michael Mealling <michael@bailey.dscga.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 09:48:29 -0400
To: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@kiwi.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Cc: "Paskin, Norman (DOI-ELS)" <n.paskin@doi.org>, uri@w3.org
On Mon, Sep 04, 2000 at 02:03:25AM -0700, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> >1.  I note that this is indeed an attempt to say what the current IETF
> >picture is.  As such, it clearly lacks a key component: the answer to the
> >question "what is a resource".  As the W3C RDF activity has found (in my
>
> Resource is defined in RFC 2396.

Yep....

Now if you have some application that needs some constrained definition
then that is something that your application defines. I.e. "for the
purposes of all applications making use of RDF, a Resource is further
constrained to be such and so"...

-MM

Michael Mealling	|      Vote Libertarian!       | www.rwhois.net/michael
Sr. Research Engineer   |   www.ga.lp.org/gwinnett     | ICQ#:         14198821