RE: FYI -- draft ietf uri doc

From: Paskin, Norman (DOI-ELS) <n.paskin@doi.org>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 10:12:05 +0100
To: "'Roy T. Fielding'" <fielding@kiwi.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Cc: uri@w3.org
RFC 2396 says: "A resource can be anything that has identity". Gee thats
helpful in designing tools!  :-).

I think my point still stands:
"the answer to the question "what is a resource".  As the W3C RDF activity
has found (in my opinion), it is no longer sufficient to gloss over this by
saying "whatever you want".  It may indeed be necessary to allow it to be
"whatever you want" but there must be  some constraints if we are to build
useful tools to deal with resources: "whatever you want, but you say what it
is as follows....so that we can design tools which will do the
following...."