Re: iDNR, an alternative name resolution protocol

Larry Masinter (masinter@parc.xerox.com)
Mon, 31 Aug 1998 21:56:20 PDT

From: "Larry Masinter" <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
To: "Harald Tveit Alvestrand" <Harald.Alvestrand@maxware.no>,
Cc: "URI distribution list" <uri@Bunyip.Com>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 21:56:20 PDT
Subject: RE: iDNR, an alternative name resolution protocol

Martin Duerst and I have been working on a revised version of
'draft-masinter-url-i18n', which lays out some of the issues around
introducing more 'Human Friendly' URIs, at least for humans who
speak/write languages other than English.

I submitted a revision to Internet-Drafts, but there've been several
revisions since; I suggest you fetch it from:

 ftp://ftp.parc.xerox.com/pub/masinter/draft-masinter-url-i18n-03.txt

The issues of introducing spaces other ASCII excluded characters within
a URI are not significantly different from those surrounding the
introduction of non-ASCII characters.