Re: [URN] URI documents -- "# fragment"

Larry Masinter (masinter@parc.xerox.com)
Mon, 26 Jan 1998 14:03:24 PST

Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 14:03:24 PST
From: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
To: "John C. Mallery" <jcma@ai.mit.edu>
CC: Leslie Daigle <leslie@Bunyip.Com>, Foteos Macrides <MACRIDES@sci.wfbr.edu>,
Subject: Re: [URN] URI documents -- "# fragment"

I meant to post about this before; I think that "?" is the most
appropriate delimeter for what John Mallery wants for PDIs, rather than
"$", since it will be more likely processed correctly when dealing with
relative references that might be contained within returned material.

> Might be worth noting that #fragment is utterly bogus.

It is totally worthless[sic] to attempt to note this.

To put it in less bogus terms: Just because a widely deployed
syntactic construct doesn't do what YOU want, it doesn't mean that
it is "utterly bogus", no matter what school of hyperbole you adhere to.

Larry
--
http://www.parc.xerox.com/masinter