Re: [URN] Re: URI documents

At 00:03 1998-01-07 PST, Larry Masinter wrote:
>If we attempted to remove any indication that the URI document did
>anything more than specify the syntax of URIs and how that syntax
>should be processed by URI-processing software, with any semantic
>interpretation of the *meaning*, do you think we could get beyond
>the current impasse?

Yes.

See my posting on this problem with the different levels of characters,
octets etc, that should float around on this list, as one example of what
complicates things -- which shows that we should make this simpler, not
more complicated.

   Patrik

Email: paf@swip.net            URL: http://www.tele2.se
PGP: 4D38 91A4 27D9 C8B2 6975  D6BB 21D0 4C57 BD23 6602