Re: Recursive look up of base in outer headers

Jacob Palme (jpalme@dsv.su.se)
Wed, 3 Sep 1997 03:15:33 +0200

Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 03:15:33 +0200
To: Klaus Weide <kweide@tezcat.com>, Al Gilman <asgilman@access.digex.net>
From: Jacob Palme <jpalme@dsv.su.se>
Subject: Re: Recursive look up of base in outer headers
Cc: mhtml@SEGATE.SUNET.SE, uri@bunyip.com

At 17.47 -0500 97-09-02, Klaus Weide wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Sep 1997, Al Gilman wrote:
> > Particularly, if the same Content-Base + Content-Location value
> > pair are at risk of being interpreted one way when transmitted
> > in MIME and another way when transmitted via HTTP I see this as
> > a likely source of trouble and too arcane for prime time.
>
> I agree with this, though.  But I don't think anybody disagrees.

The MHTML standard says that the order of headers within the same Content-
Heading has no effect on the interpretation of the headers (in the case
of the headers Content-Base and Content-Location). From what you say,
there does not seem to be any reason to change this.

Jacob Palme <jpalme@dsv.su.se> (Stockholm University and KTH)