Re: The UR* scheme registry, Citing URL/URI specs

Simon Spero (ses@tipper.oit.unc.edu)
Sun, 26 Oct 1997 16:41:59 -0500 (EST)

Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 16:41:59 -0500 (EST)
From: Simon Spero <ses@tipper.oit.unc.edu>
To: Keith Moore <moore@cs.utk.edu>
cc: michaelm@rwhois.net, masinter@parc.xerox.com,
Subject: Re: The UR* scheme registry, Citing URL/URI specs

In re rat-holes: I haven't heard a new argument in the UR* discussions
since the Jan 92 Usenix. It's time to just give Tim fast-track authority
and have a single proposal up/down. If we'd just chosen one scheme years
ago when we were supposed to, we wouldn't be stuck with the effectively
flat 1-d namespace we are now. Lets just get it over with.

Simon // remembering the days of acronym of the month

Now available - The Freddy Hayek Kayak            | "Pass me another elf
Paddle Your Own Canoe! Be Rowed To Surfdom!       | Sergeant- this one's
>From The Taco Institute for Dyslexic Libertarians | split"
  Moments ago I had everything. Now, there's a cow in my nose - La Salla