Re: very old archives?

Peter Deutsch (peterd@Bunyip.Com)
Thu, 13 Nov 1997 16:08:41 -0500

From: Peter Deutsch <peterd@Bunyip.Com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 16:08:41 -0500
To: michaelm@rwhois.net, uri@mocha.bunyip.com
Subject: Re: very old archives?

[ You wrote: ]

} Does anyone know where I can find extremely old archives of the URI
} discussions? I'm specifically looking for the discussions before the term
} URN came up. Wasn't the term Internet Serial Number used at one point?
}
} I'm writing a historical article and I can't remember what list we discussed
} this stuff on. I guess I could just look for any extremely long articles
} by Peter dealing with weather maps but I was hoping for something more
} deterministic. Thanks!

I think I used the term "Internet Serial Numbers" or
something like it to cover the concept of a URN in my
Masters' thesis. I don't have a copy handy (yeow!) but
will see if it can be located on a backup without undue
pain. If someone *does* actually have an e-copy lying
around please send it along!

					- peterd

     Peter Deutsch,                                   (514) 875-8611  (phone)
  Bunyip Information Systems Inc.                     (514) 875-8134  (fax)
    <peterd@bunyip.com>                               http://www.bunyip.com

       "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
                                           - Benjamin Franklin