RE: Symbolic vs Numeric identifiers (was Re: URL internationalization!)

On Mon, 3 Mar 1997, Fisher Mark wrote:

> BTW, does anyone know if the original CERN <URL:http://info.cern.ch/>
> Web started out by using meaningless URLs?  (I only started on the Web

I seem to remember them being long, but meaningful. Then again, I also
seem to remember having heard these exact same arguments in the same
forms for the past five years, so what do I know :-)

Simon

-----
             Now available - The Freddy Hayek Kayak
           Paddle Your Own Canoe! Be Rowed To Surfdom!
         From The Taco Institute for Dyslexic Libertarians