Re: IANA registration of URL schemes

     Lars,

     Thanks you very much for your response.  I was also directed to that
     IETF working group as well by several other people.  I am now in the
     process of writing up an internet draft on the URL (thank you Martin).
     I will be looking into the working group and the registration process
     in the meantime.

     The JetSend protocol can exchange data between any two devices that
     support the protocol.  This includes printers, PCs, scanners, cameras,
     etc.  We have addressed sending data to fax machines via a fax gateway
     device.  There is an addressing mechanism in the protocol for gateways
     to specify the gateway address and the address of the ultimate
     destination (fax, e-mail, etc.)

     More information, including the JetSend protocol specification, is
     available on our website http://www.jetsend.hp.com.
     You must register (it's a relatively painless process) to download the
     specification.  We have also just made available our developer's kit
     (known as the JetSend Appliance Developer's Kit, or ADK).  The ADK
     contains source code for the protocols as well as sample device code
     and networking code.  Please refer to the web site for more
     information on obtaining the developer's kit.  I would be more than
     happy to answer any other questions on JetSend.

     Regards,

     Theresa Rhoades

              /                    Theresa Rhoades
             /                     Information Appliance Operation, R&D Lab
            ____       ___  /      Hewlett-Packard Company
           /     /    /    /       11311 Chinden Blvd.  Boise, ID  83714
        __/   __/    _____/        208.308.7861  Fax:  208.396.5617
                    /              E-Mail: Theresa_Rhoades@hp.com