Re: Proposed NFS URL scheme

Harald.T.Alvestrand@uninett.no
Sat, 02 Nov 1996 15:16:48 +0100

From: Harald.T.Alvestrand@uninett.no
To: Brent Callaghan <brent@jurassic.eng.sun.com>
Cc: uri@bunyip.com
Subject: Re: Proposed NFS URL scheme
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 1996 15:16:48 +0100

Brent,
I've looked over your new NFS URL scheme.

The only comments I've found so far regard I18N and quoting.
I would think that you would want to say:

- Any character in a filename that is outside ASCII MUST be
  quoted using the %hh convention
- Octets are literally put into the NFS request after removing
  %hh quoting; no interpretation as "characters" is done.
- If a / occurs within a filename component (for instance when
  the server uses a different separator), this MUST be encoded
  using the %hh method, and multicomponent lookup CANNOT be used.

Or words to that effect.

URI list: If I don't hear anything more from you soon, I'll asume
that this URL proposal is thought reasonable, and can go forward.

                       Harald A