Re: (MAITS.545) html, http, urls and internationalisation

Borka Jerman-Blazic (borka@e5.ijs.si)
Wed, 31 Jan 1996 13:20:33 +0100

To: keld@dkuug.dk (Keld J|rn Simonsen)
Cc: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>, borka@e5.ijs.si, yergeau@alis.ca,
Subject: Re: (MAITS.545) html, http, urls and internationalisation
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 13:20:33 +0100
From: Borka Jerman-Blazic <borka@e5.ijs.si>

 Larry Masinter answered to Keld:

> > So, I'll ask again, PLEASE stop cross-posting this discussion to three
> > separate mailing lists.
>
> OK, taken ad notam.

 O.K.This my last message.

I do understand that there are problems in handling  URL
using large sets of character  but
you can't restrict youreself to the minimum becuase it
is now operational.

Look a year or two  ago, IAB decided to stop all discussions and
work on the use of ISO 10 646 in Internet applications, just becuase
there was big oposition from some friends from Japan, and now
you have produced HTML i18N where the document ch.sets is ISO 10 646!

If there are problems and needs we should work on them and not
ignore them. I do not expect in all my life to use for my
e-mail address  ASCII fall back for some characters
of my original name which is printed  on my business card.

Maybe it is time some more changes to happen.

Regards,

Borka