URL BOF summary

Larry Masinter (masinter@parc.xerox.com)
Thu, 12 Dec 1996 12:09:34 PST

To: harald.t.alvestrand@uninett.no, moore+iesg@cs.utk.edu
Cc: uri@bunyip.com
Subject: URL BOF summary
From: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 12:09:34 PST

The URL BOF met. We decided that we needed a new working group to
consider the procedures for vetting new URL schemes. The working group
might also consider the current raft of URL scheme proposals for their
compliance with those rules. While the current A-D's rules are
interesting, the goal is to create community consensus.  It's hoped
that the generic syntax document would be submitted for Draft Standard
before the URL process working group really gets going.

There were volunteers for (co)chair (Rich Petke) and document
editors (Larry Masinter, Dan Zigmond).

Larry Masinter (BOF chair)