Re: CID: url type

Harald.T.Alvestrand@uninett.no
Wed, 11 Oct 1995 13:53:04 +0100

From: Harald.T.Alvestrand@uninett.no
To: uri@bunyip.com
Cc: ELevinson@Accurate.COM, html-wg@oclc.org, ietf-822@dimacs.rutgers.edu
Subject: Re: CID: url type
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 1995 13:53:04 +0100

I've been holding off on doing anything about this, but it seems that
action is needed somehow:

- There is urgent need for sending HTML around, with at least some
  included parts
- I thought that the CID: url (together with a MID: url), multipart/related
  and a formal definition of the MIME text/html type would make it
  pretty simplistic
- Obviously, the documents I thought to refer to aren't coming along quickly,
  due to circumstances beyond my or the author's control.

I suggest the following actions:

- Either Ed refreshes his Cid: scheme, or I replace it with the proposal
  for Cid: and Mid: URLs I proposed on DRUMS in July
- Ed should push forward the multipart/related AT ONCE
- Someone (me, Jacob, or someone else) should draft the "glue" text that
  says how to use this stuff in E-mail to provide transfer of HTML.

Comments?

           Harald A