Re: proposed discussion material

	From research!bunyip.com!owner-uri Tue Mar 14 20:12:11 1995
	Date: Tue, 14 Mar 95 18:10:37 -0500
	From: Leslie Daigle <leslie@beethoven.bunyip.com>
	To: masinter@parc.xerox.com, uri@bunyip.com
	Subject: proposed discussion material
	Sender: owner-uri@bunyip.com

	Well, here's an overview of what we've been doing with URL/URN->  thinking
	here at Bunyip.  I hope to have a document together by the end of this
	week or early next week at the latest.

	In the course of putting together various tools for Internet resource
	discovery, we kept bumping up against the need to be able to specify Internet
	actions composed of several URL/URN instantiations.    This seems useful
	from the standpoint of encapsulating particular activities for reuse, as
	well as providing mechanisms for insulating protocol details from people
	who really don't want to know about them (i.e., above and beyond pointing
	and clicking in a WWW browser).  One very specific application of such a
	specification is Internet resource searching.  For example, if I'm a net
	hacker who knows where all the cool music software indexes are (in all
	the glorious (and not so glorious) protocols/formats of the Internet)
	I might like to  be able to encapsulate this for my own later use, or to pass
	along to someone who is less net-literate.

        [...]
	Leslie.

But I think it would be more appropriate then to create your own resource (a pag) that
points to all these indexes. Then you can pass a URL (or rather URN) of this page
to your friend. Why do you need another mechanism for this?

Michael Rabinovich.