Re: Criticism of Kidcode (was Re: KidCode: Next steps )

At 1:54 PM 6/20/95, Stephen D. Williams wrote:

>> At 3:41 PM 6/19/95, lilley wrote:
>> >Those influential (and monied) groups who care about such things can then
>> >finance the proxies and their URC resolvers to implement whatever type
>> >of cens^H^H^H^Hfiltering is desired.
>>
>> A proxy based system really doesn't scale, money or no-money.
>
>I think you're wrong: All ISP's, companies, and Internet sites with more
>than a few users should have proxies for http, ftp, nntp (Newsservers
>are the most common proxy of course).  Of course single global proxies
>don't work, but neither would a small set of central news servers.

Single global proxies are what was mentioned as an alternative.

Your quick summary sound intriguiing, but too terse to evaluate.

Kee Hinckley      Utopia Inc. - Cyberspace Architects    617/721-6100
nazgul@utopia.com                               http://www.utopia.com/

everyone else's.