Re: Question for DNS propronents?

Michael Mealling (Michael.Mealling@oit.gatech.edu)
Thu, 15 Jun 1995 12:59:44 -0400 (EDT)

From: Michael.Mealling@oit.gatech.edu (Michael Mealling)
Subject: Re: Question for DNS propronents?
To: ietf-lists@proper.com (Paul Hoffman)
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 1995 12:59:44 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Michael.Mealling@oit.gatech.edu, uri@bunyip.com

Paul Hoffman said this:
> I agree with Ron's answer: you deal with it by having the naming folks deal
> with it. There can be multiple types of hierarchies at a site, similar to
> the way that second-level domain names are assigned in the US: by type
> (.com, .edu...) and by geographic location (.ca, .va...). You can always
> add a new hiearchy method at any time.

This is what I wanted to hear. So I you suggest I create a new hierarchy
if current names don't mach. Therefore you are allowing for a new
namespace, correct?

-MM

Life is a game. Someone wins and someone loses. Get used to it.
<BR>
<HR><A HREF="http://www.gatech.edu/michael.html">Michael Mealling</A>