Re: mailserver URL

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 1995 14:09:45 PST
To: ietf-lists@proper.com
Cc: uri@bunyip.com
It is my impression that the IESG would prefer to see RFCs that went a
little too far in discussing security implications than to err in the
other way, and leave out discussion that is relevant just because it
might also appear in a different forum.

Insofar as the mailserver proposal makes suggestions about ways in
which interpreting a 'mailserver:' URL might be insecure and
recommends to implementors how to protect against misuses, I think
this discussion is appropriate.