Revised mailserver URL

Paul Hoffman (ietf-lists@proper.com)
Wed, 8 Feb 1995 10:35:06 -0700

Date: Wed, 8 Feb 1995 10:35:06 -0700
To: uri@bunyip.com
From: ietf-lists@proper.com (Paul Hoffman)
Subject: Revised mailserver URL

After the last round of discussion about headers in the mailserver URL, I
have revised the draft to remove all headers other than the subject. I
appreciate Roy getting a vote-like discussion happening on the issue since
I had gotten lulled into the more-is-better mentality during my predraft
discussions. Given that there is no present reason for headers other than
the subject, and that these additional header fields could open security
holes, I think it is better to scale the URL back to just what can be used
to retrieve information today.

I hope people agree that the new draft (which follows this message) is
cleaner and safer, and is probably easier for content-writers to implement.

--Paul Hoffman
--Proper Publishing