Re: RFC2119 Styling

> On May 31, 2023, at 05:55, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
>
> - Should this markup be optional or required? Not all specs currently follow this style: e.g. some specs just use regular casing, and define all instances of these keywords to invoke RFC2119.

I’m fine it’s made optional, but don’t mind.

About uppercase and lowercase, some specs are using  [BCP 14] ([RFC2119] [RFC8174]): "RFC 2119 specifies common key words that may be used in protocol specifications. This document aims to reduce the ambiguity by clarifying that only UPPERCASE usage of the key words have the defined special meanings.”

I personally try to avoid lowercase RFC2119s in non-normative text, but also find it laborious to do word gymnastic to avoid using them sometimes.

[BCP 14] https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/bcp14