Re: Fyi: Weekly Digest are now monthly

I don't assiduously follow the spec-prod list, and in some ways that
makes my comment appear less relevant, but in other ways it makes it
more so, because digests have more value.

Spec-prod emails bypass my inbox into a folder that i look into from
time to time. It's extremely useful to be able to see in a compact list
form what discussions & PRs have been taking place over the past week,
and then quickly link to the discussions i've missed that are of
interest.  Given the size of the weekly digests, a monthly digest will
probably be too long to be effective. But perhaps more important, it is
not timely enough to intersect with discussions in a timely way – it
will probably be very late to join many discussions.  The point of a
digest is not to simply have a list of what happened, but it's to draw
your attention so that you can join a discussion that's of interest
while it is happening.

I receive many daily and weekly digests they are clearly labelled in the
subject line, so i find it hard to think that, if you don't want to read
it,  it's a significant chore to hit the delete button once a week.

ri