Re: On the new header style

Hi Fuqiao,

> On 9 Oct 2021, at 3:49 pm, Fuqiao Xue <xfq@w3.org> wrote:
>
> IMHO we should expand the header by default, for the same reason as fantasai said in https://github.com/w3c/tr-design/issues/145 .

I also agree with fantasai, but I think the "all or nothing" approach fantasai suggests is wrong... I think we should identify critical and non-critical items, and hide the non-critical items.

We should also flatten some things to take up less space (or convert them to little menus), as proposed in 145.

I don't image we will do that this year tho, but we should work towards that.

> However, I also agree that "More details about this document" is a bit strange as a label and can be refined.

yep.

> In https://github.com/w3c/tr-design/blob/f9ca8610cd4828b9fd749befff6a9d9216bcabcf/p2021mockup/fixup.js#L10-L17 I see that the preference seems to be saved in the localStorage.

Yes, that's the plan!

> In addition, the new header style generated by ReSpec seems to make some documents in the i18n WG unable to work properly. See https://github.com/w3c/clreq/issues/392 for an example. I don't have time to look into where the problem is for now, though.

Agree.. would be nice to fix those things as we have actual specs relying on that...