Re: [ReSpec] UNOFFICIAL DRAFT background

From: Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2020 12:56:54 +0900
To: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>, Martynas Jusevičius <martynas@atomgraph.com>, "spec-prod@w3.org Prod" <spec-prod@w3.org>
> To echo what Chris said, the watermark is by design: it's part of the
> "official" W3C style sheet for all Community Group drafts and not
> something ReSpec imposes.
>
> Nevertheless, it's the best the W3C community has come up with so far,
> but we are open to suggestions.

One very-specific suggestion: I’d like for it to be less intrusive in the
case where somebody is viewing a document in dark mode (e.g., by using a
tool like Dark Reader https://darkreader.org/) — because when I try that
myself, the watermark really ends up getting in the way of readability.

That said, I don’t know what’s possible currently to do with CSS as far as
trying to anticipate what’ll happen when dark mode mechanisms try to adjust
the color of a watermark background like that.

  –Mike

--
Michael[tm] Smith https://people.w3.org/mike