Re: Retiring tr.rdf

On 15/06/2020 08:17, Denis Ah-Kang wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In the past, the only way to get data related to the
> specifications was tr.rdf [1]. However, a few years ago,
> we released the W3C API [2] to provide more complete data.
> Since we are now focusing our effort to improve the API,
> I would like to know who still rely on tr.rdf and what
> can we do to remove that dependency in favor of the API.

I have a cron job that alerts me when a new CSS draft is not yet
announced on https://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/current-work

It currently uses SPARQL. It looks like it is easiest to replace that
with SQL. I'll try to do that in the next few days.

As for improving the API: How about (1) accepting a SQL query and (2)
output in TSV (or CSV, but TSV is easier to process). Providing a SPARQL
endpoint could be interesting, too.

> I have already identified specref [3] and transition-notifier
> [4] in the list of tools using tr.rdf but if you know another
> one, please reach to me and I'll get in touch with the
> maintainers to see if there's a way to make the switch.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Denis
>

> [1] https://www.w3.org/2002/01/tr-automation/tr.rdf
> [2] https://api.w3.org/doc