Re: Upcoming changes for W3C reports and our /TR pages

Hi,

We have reached the first milestone of the different changes announced
two months ago by Philippe.
Here's a summary of what has been done:
1/ pubrules now requires a "rel=canonical" <link> in all the
specifications. If you are using bikeshed or respec, these tools are
already taking care of this for you.
The documents published *before* Oct 1st, 2017 offer that link via a
HTTP header.

2/ outdated documents should now display a warning (eg. [1]) pointing
the readers to the latest version of the specification (thank you Marcos
and Dom for reviewing the script).
If for whatever reason, you believe a warning should appear on a
specific version, you can request an exception by editing [2] and
submitting your pull request.

If you notice any problem with the changes above, feed free to contact
me on IRC or email.

For the next milestone, scheduled to be achieved by the end of this
month, we will implement the latest version link proposal for the
leveled specifications. Again, if there's any concern, please get
in touch with me.

Denis

[1] https://www.w3.org/TR/2017/WD-appmanifest-20170920/
[2] https://github.com/w3c/tr-design/blob/gh-pages/outdated-exceptions.txt