Re: Dealing with levels in specs

Thanks for writing this up.

The main issue I have so far is the terms you use aren't defined clearly
enough.

What does: "latest stable version" mean? WD? REC?
What does "latest version under development" mean? WD? ED?

More importantly, how do you handle common cases where you have:

level-1 is REC
level-2 is CR
level-3 is WD

What's stable above?

What about:

level-1 is CR
level-2 is ED

There is no level-2 WD so far, but ED is being used and referenced by
everyone. What's stable, what's under development?

Have you considered looking at this in different terms instead: eg
what's ready for IPR commitment and what isn't?

--tobie