Re: GitHub labels

On 11/30/2016 9:29 AM, Sandro Hawke wrote:
> When I went through this exercise, there got a lot of pressure from the
> group not to have too many labels, so we eventually trimmed it down to 9.
>
> https://github.com/sandhawke/spec-labels-min/labels?sort=name-asc
>
> Since then, we've started using some horizontal review labels, as needed.
>
> Philippe, I could probably dig out the arguments we found persuasive for
> these over yours, where they differ, if you want.  Mostly it was things
> like like WG members not being clear what they meant.

Yours kind of embed their semantic in the label name, which makes same
long. I'd be curious to know if others find it more useful. Can you
raise an issue on GitHub in the meantime so that we don't loose track of
this?

> The README for my repo above includes instructions for installing all
> the labels.   I suppose I should update the source-repo to include the
> horizontals.

Sure. The hope here is to facilitate the work of folks doing horizontal
reviews.

Philippe