Re: tips/tools for ReSpec-to-Bikeshed conversion?

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 16:55:26 -0800
To: "Hodges, Jeff" <jeff.hodges@paypal.com>
Cc: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>, "spec-prod@w3.org" <spec-prod@w3.org>
On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 4:43 PM, Hodges, Jeff <jeff.hodges@paypal.com> wrote:
> installed pygments per one of the bikeshed error msgs

It sounds like you didn't follow the installation instructions
<https://github.com/tabatkins/bikeshed/blob/master/docs/install.md>
linked from the README.  You're probably fine by now, but I find that
people often run into problems because they cowboy'd the installation
and missed some important steps. ^_^

> FATAL ERROR: Found unmatched text macro [DOM4]. Correct the macro, or
> escape it with a leading backslash.
> FATAL ERROR: Found unmatched text macro [HTML5]. Correct the macro, or
> escape it with a leading backslash.
> FATAL ERROR: Found unmatched text macro [RFC2119]. Correct the macro, or
> escape it with a leading backslash.
> FATAL ERROR: Found unmatched text macro [PSL]. Correct the macro, or
> escape it with a leading backslash.

These are because strings like "[FOO]" are recognized by Bikeshed as
text macros, which get substituted with something else at run-time.
For a biblio reference, you want to double up on the brackets, to get
"[[DOM4]]", etc.  This is described in
<https://github.com/tabatkins/bikeshed/blob/master/docs/markup.md#autolink-shortcuts>.

~TJ