Re: tips/tools for ReSpec-to-Bikeshed conversion?

On 3/4/16, 12:01 PM, "Shane McCarron" <ahby@aptest.com> wrote:
>In general we have tried hard to make the low level stuff compatible, so
>it should "just work".

well, blow me down, it basically does "just work".

below's what it took to get initial readable output -- I haven't yet gone
through and de-HTML-ized and bikeshed-ized the spec source though (which
seems like something one would want to do).

hth,

=JeffH
------

I began with rendered ReSpec output file "Overview.html" (because that's
what we have access to at this time) -- copied that file to a new file
named "index.src.html" in same directory

did `bikeshed -f spec index.src.html`

got some error msgs, and NO index.html was output :(

added metadata section to index.src.html per initial example in
https://github.com/tabatkins/bikeshed/blob/master/docs/metadata.md, then..

did `bikeshed -f spec index.src.html`

got lots of error msgs including FATAL ones...tho it yielded "index.html"
-- loaded that in browser and it's readable :)

then..

edited index.src.html again:
  deleted <style>...</style>  (this was rendered respec style block)
  added "title:" to metadata

did `bikeshed -f spec index.src.html`

index.html now only rendered front matter thru Abstract and ToC header,
nothing after that except References header

installed pygments per one of the bikeshed error msgs

did `bikeshed -f spec index.src.html`

that yielded MUCH fewer error msgs, just these..

FATAL ERROR: Found unmatched text macro [DOM4]. Correct the macro, or
escape it with a leading backslash.
FATAL ERROR: Found unmatched text macro [HTML5]. Correct the macro, or
escape it with a leading backslash.
FATAL ERROR: Found unmatched text macro [RFC2119]. Correct the macro, or
escape it with a leading backslash.
FATAL ERROR: Found unmatched text macro [PSL]. Correct the macro, or
escape it with a leading backslash.

..but index.html again only rendered front matter thru Abstract and ToC
header, nothing after that except References header

so I did s/[...]/\[...]/  for all four of above items (by hand) -- I found
them down within..

<section property="bibo:hasPart" resource="#references"
typeof="bibo:Chapter" id="references" class="appendix">

..near end of file

did `bikeshed -f spec index.src.html`

it ran w/o errors but index.html again only rendered front matter thru
Abstract and ToC header, nothing after that except References header

so I edited index.src.html again and deleted..

<h1 class="title p-name" id="title" property="dcterms:title">FIDO 2.0: Web
API for accessing FIDO 2.0 credentials</h1>

  deleted:  <script type="application/json" id="initialUserConfig">{
  "specStatus": "Member-SUBM",
  "specVersion": "v2.0",
  "shortName": "fido-web-api",
  "publishDate": "2015-11-20",
  "copyrightStart": "2013",
  "editors":  ........
  }</script>

did `bikeshed -f spec index.src.html`

got both warnings and errors  and the full spec rendered in index.html  --
good enough for now

end