Re: Proposed Final Design for W3C Technical Reports style in 2016

From: Michiel Bijl <michiel@agosto.nl>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 21:14:45 +0100
Cc: John Foliot <john.foliot@deque.com>, fantasai <fantasai@inkedblade.net>, "Belfanti, Paul" <paul.belfanti@pearson.com>, Carlos A Velasco <carlos.velasco@fit.fraunhofer.de>, Coralie Mercier <coralie@w3.org>, "spec-prod@w3.org" <spec-prod@w3.org>, W3C WAI Protocols & Formats <public-pfwg@w3.org>
To: Edward O'Connor <eoconnor@apple.com>, Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>
Correction, you cannot switch between them using the keyboard if you’re halfway through.

Also, skipping to stuff doesn’t move focus in Chrome and Safari, see this bug: https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=262171. Can be solved by adding tabindex=-1 to all targets.

—Michiel

> On 10 Nov 2015, at 20:53, Michiel Bijl <michiel@agosto.nl> wrote:
>
> Mallory (StommePoes) also brought up the issue that you currently cannot switch between both panes using the keyboard; so there is no way to scroll both panes using a keyboard (be it arrow keys, space, or page up/down).
>
> —Michiel
>
>> On 10 Nov 2015, at 20:46, Michiel Bijl <michiel@agosto.nl <mailto:michiel@agosto.nl>> wrote:
>>
>> Excuse me for my lack of explanation.
>>
>> 1. Scroll to the bottom in the left pane;
>> 2. Scroll right pane to anywhere except for the top;
>> 3. Try to scroll the left pane.
>>
>> This breaks for me in Safari 9.
>>
>> —Michiel

>>> Here’s one problem I see in Safari:
>>>
>>> 1. Scroll TOC to bottom
>>> 2. Keep scrolling down in TOC pane (right pane now scrolls down)