Re: WG-NOTE and Previous Version

From: Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 12:41:02 +0100
To: Guus Schreiber <guus.schreiber@vu.nl>, spec-prod@w3.org, Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
On 13/02/2014 12:09 , Guus Schreiber wrote:
> The RDF WG is publishing a document as WG Note which hasn't been
> published before [1]. ReSpec complains that a "previous version" is
> missing, and puts in an empty <dt>Previous version</dt>. Are we doing
> something wrong or is a ReSpec update needed? When I removed the
> "Previous version" manually from the static version it passed pubrules.

It seems likely that Notes will confuse me to the end of my days.

My understanding of pubrules is that a WG-NOTE needs to have a Previous
Version. The NG checker agrees with me (but then again, I wrote it so...).

For your document it would seem to me that you ought to be using the
FPWD-NOTE status. In that case, there is indeed a bug that it requires a
Previous Version  that's something I can fix.

But before I fix anything I'd like to make sure that it needs to be
fixed only for FPWD-NOTE and not WG-NOTE.

Ian?