Re: Timing out with https://www.w3.org/Tools/respec/respec-w3c-common

From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 21:35:40 +1100
To: Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org>
Cc: "spec-prod@w3.org" <spec-prod@w3.org>
On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 9:02 PM, Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org> wrote:
> Hi Silvia,
>

> On 20/01/2014 06:31 , Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
>>
>> I keep getting timeouts when building my spec with the js published on
>> w3.org.
>>
>> phantomjs ../../respec/tools/respec2html.js webvtt.html Overview.html
>> Timing out in 10 s
>> Timing out in 9 s
>> Timing out in 8 s
>> Timing out in 7 s
>> Timing out in 6 s
>> Timing out in 5 s
>> Timing out in 4 s
>> Timing out in 3 s
>> Timing out in 2 s
>> Timing out in 1 s
>> Timeout loading webvtt.html. Is it a valid ReSpec source file?
>>
>> page.evaluate() seems to take forever. I'm using phantomjs 1.9.0.
>>
>> When I load the JS file locally, I don't get these problems.
>>
>> Does anyone know how I can fix this?
>

> PhantomJS can be quite capricious (to put it gently) and I wouldn't be
> surprised if it somehow stopped working. Do you need to build from the
> command line (as in from some automated process)? If not, I recommend simply
> sticking to Ctrl-Shift-Alt-S for the time being.
>
> Otherwise I can look into this quickly  but I can't promise it'll work
> (especially not across all versions of Phantom).

Nothing urgent. I am building through a local checkout and have just
switched to that. Easy enough. I need to run it through Phantom to
make sure I link to a version that actually works. I've had that
broken in the past, so am not risking it any more.

Anyway, just wanted to ask in case there was a simple fix (such as -
"you've not set this variable correctly" or so).

Thanks,
Silvia.