Re: Timing out with https://www.w3.org/Tools/respec/respec-w3c-common

From: Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 11:02:43 +0100
To: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>, "spec-prod@w3.org" <spec-prod@w3.org>
Hi Silvia,

On 20/01/2014 06:31 , Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
> I keep getting timeouts when building my spec with the js published on w3.org.
>
> phantomjs ../../respec/tools/respec2html.js webvtt.html Overview.html
> Timing out in 10 s
> Timing out in 9 s
> Timing out in 8 s
> Timing out in 7 s
> Timing out in 6 s
> Timing out in 5 s
> Timing out in 4 s
> Timing out in 3 s
> Timing out in 2 s
> Timing out in 1 s
> Timeout loading webvtt.html. Is it a valid ReSpec source file?
>
> page.evaluate() seems to take forever. I'm using phantomjs 1.9.0.
>
> When I load the JS file locally, I don't get these problems.
>
> Does anyone know how I can fix this?

PhantomJS can be quite capricious (to put it gently) and I wouldn't be
surprised if it somehow stopped working. Do you need to build from the
command line (as in from some automated process)? If not, I recommend
simply sticking to Ctrl-Shift-Alt-S for the time being.

Otherwise I can look into this quickly  but I can't promise it'll work
(especially not across all versions of Phantom).