Re: Some thoughts on a new publication approach

On Monday, October 28, 2013 at 12:22 PM, Robin Berjon wrote:
> On 27/10/2013 06:06 , "Martin J. Dürst" wrote:
> > I also don't think we should treat implementers are children
>
> Despite years of experience to the contrary? ;-D
>
> It's not just implementers. It's a lot of people. I'd really like to be
> able to waste less time answering questions that pertain to drafts long
> since updated simply because people aren't heading to the latest.

Without even going into the big mess that are parallel versions of WHATWG and W3C specs, identifying the right version of the spec is one of the biggest deterrent for anyone to get involved with W3C and an all too common object of controversy.

Let's fix this. It would be a great step forward.

--tobie