Re: Announcing respec-issues, a small, node-based command line tool to sync GitHub and ReSpec issues

From: Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 07:33:00 -0700
Cc: spec-prod@w3.org
To: Tobie Langel <tobie@w3.org>
On Oct 21, 2013, at 4:15 PM, Tobie Langel <tobie@w3.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just created a small, node-based command line tool that makes it easy to sync ReSpec to GitHub Issues[1].
>
> Needed it to sync issues I opened against the Browser Compatibility Tables - Datamodel[2] to the GitHub Issue Tracker[3]. Thought this might be useful to some of you.
>
> You can find out more from the README file[4].
>
> Comments, issues and pull requests welcomed.

Thanks for this! We could have really used this for the JSON-LD work. Nice to have it in place for the future.

Any thoughts on syncing the other way? Our group commonly used the GitHub issue tracker for CG work, which led to a different workflow than other work in the RDF WG, which incorporated the CG work.

Gregg