Re: ReSpec 3.2

From: Shane McCarron <ahby@aptest.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 21:04:54 -0500
To: Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org>
Cc: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>, "spec-prod@w3.org" <spec-prod@w3.org>
Okay - I am on it.  I suspect that the browsers (some anyway) are going to
strip the CDATA nodes out.  I might end up just injecting the best practice
CDATA into each relevant section (style and script) as per
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2010/ED-xhtml-media-types-20100218/#compatGuidelines
in
guideline A.4

On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 1:46 PM, Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org> wrote:

> On 19/10/2013 12:49 , Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
>
>> Robin Berjon, Fri, 18 Oct 2013 14:19:42 +0200:
>>
>>>     If the browser supports it, the saving dialog now uses the
>>> download attribute on <a> to trigger a real download of the generated
>>> output, as "Overview.html". For browsers that don't support that yet,
>>> you can nevertheless right click the button and save link as. In both
>>> cases this is faster than the previous methods.
>>>

>> Regarding the options for saving as XHTML5 and XHTML1, then both of
>> them remove any CDATA declarations that might occurs inside <style> or
>> semantics of are changed from when they occurred inside CDATA. (If it
>> is a goal to remove unnecessary CDATA declarations, then Polyglot
>> Markup describes when it is safe to do so.)
>>
>> For HTML5 output, the CDATA declaration remains after saving.
>>

> The HTML5 output mode pretty much just saves what the browser has using
> innerHTML. The XML modes have to be handcrafted.
>
> I don't personally have an interest in supporting the XML modes, but I
> will certainly take patches.
>

> --

Shane P. McCarron