Re: IDL problem

On 19/09/2013 14:52, Shane McCarron wrote:
> But a simple error checking module that runs very early and just halts
> processing is what I was thinking of.  Force the errors to be fixed
> right away.  Honestly if web browsers had done that to html from day one
> the internet wouldn't be such a mess.

What I think would be useful is an error message like PHP emits, at the
top of the page, that would also break validation.  In the IDL case, for
example, I only realised we had a problem when the TOC failed to appear
- and to be honest I didn't even notice that for a while. It was only
after checking the structure of the markup around the TOC location
several times, that i looked in Firefox's browser console and got the
tip that this might be IDL related. Then i had to figure out which of a
couple of possibilities was the actual culprit. The firefox tool didn't
even give me a useful line number - just pointed to a very long js line.

RI

--
Richard Ishida