Re: Need some help tweaking ReSpec output...

Hi Cody,

On 16/08/2013 18:22 , Cody Burleson wrote:
> A challenge with Respec I'm hoping someone can help me with.
>
> I'm trying to center my page and limit the width because it's kind of
> poor usability for the text to exceed common scan-length lines of 60-80
> characters. It seems that ReSpec doen't ReSpect my HTML and CSS changes,
> however. Anyone know how to get around this?
>
> Or - better yet, perhaps -  if someone knows where I can find an
> unminified version, so I can just work with my own copy? I'm not sure
> where the repo is.

If you're using ReSpec to produce W3C specifications then you likely
don't want to change those aspects. I agree with you 100% that it would
be much nicer for W3C specs to be width-limited, but for the time being
overriding that causes them to be rejected.

That said, if you simply add a <link> or <style> element with the proper
CSS rules, then you should be able to adjust the style to your heart's
content. Note however that ReSpec will do its best to ensure that the
W3C's own style is placed *last* in the <head> (this is a pubrules
requirement) and so some rules in that may override yours. The
workaround there is simply to make your CSS selectors more specific so
that they match and apply the style anyway.