Re: ReSpec and cross server loading

Yeah, I sort of figured that out later.  If CORS is implemented then
RequireJS can get the data, but otherwise it attempts to do something
clever with JS encapsulation.  I imagine there is a way to support that
with some simple scripting on the server side, but it hardly seems worth
it.

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 5:56 AM, Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org> wrote:

> On 31/07/2013 16:03 , Shane McCarron wrote:
>
>> So.... if respec is hosted on my private server because I am
>> experimenting with some changes, and I hit it from a source hosted on
>> ANOTHER server, the modules are requested as *.html.js instead of
>> *.html.  What server-side magic did you do have to do to make this work?
>>   I assume it wants to request the html as jsonp and 'source' it in or
>> something.
>>

> I'm not sure what you're referring to here, but if you are trying to use a
> *non-built* version across domain boundaries then it won't work: we can
> load scripts, but we can't load data. Maybe RequireJS is trying to do
> something smart, but I don't know what.
>
> It's really not meant to be used across domains without building it first.
>
> --

Shane P. McCarron