Re: ReSpec and cross server loading

From: Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2013 12:56:32 +0200
To: shane@aptest.com
CC: Shane McCarron <ahby@aptest.com>, "spec-prod@w3.org Prod" <spec-prod@w3.org>
On 31/07/2013 16:03 , Shane McCarron wrote:
> So.... if respec is hosted on my private server because I am
> experimenting with some changes, and I hit it from a source hosted on
> ANOTHER server, the modules are requested as *.html.js instead of
> *.html.  What server-side magic did you do have to do to make this work?
>   I assume it wants to request the html as jsonp and 'source' it in or
> something.

I'm not sure what you're referring to here, but if you are trying to use
a *non-built* version across domain boundaries then it won't work: we
can load scripts, but we can't load data. Maybe RequireJS is trying to
do something smart, but I don't know what.

It's really not meant to be used across domains without building it first.